Date of event 29 September 2022. Location UCL, London/Online.
The Fortran SG AGM will be on the 29th September, followed by an afternoon of presentations held jointly with the IOP Computational Physics Group. While both are hybrid events, you are still required to book even if not physically attending as the Zoom link will be distributed by the booking mechanism.
We are always seeking new and enthusiastic members for the committee and if this interests you please let the group secretary know on or before the 22nd September. The secretary is Sam Ellis <email@example.com>.
There are three talks in the afternoon, each allocated 50min with gaps for refreshments/breaks. Lunch will not be provided but we hope to have soft drinks & nibbles for the afternoon talks.
Schedule for the day (Times are London local, BST)
* AGM (10:30 – 12:00)
* Lunch break / Networking (12:00 – 14:00) – NB Lunch will *not* be provided but there are many restaurants/pubs in the vicinity
* Afternoon Talks (14:00 – 17:00) – Jointly held with the IoP Computational Physics group.
Talks running order (titles may be refined nearer the date):
* The new features of Fortran 2023 – John Reid (RAL)
* Nvidia Fortran Compiler – Getting Fortran onto GPUs – Jeff Larkin & Jeff Hammond (Nvidia)
* Fortran Lang Projects – FPM & others – Laurence Kedward (Bristol University)